We are pleased to cordially invite you to participate in the scientific conference “Labuda’s days”, traditionally organized for the fifth time and dedicated to an eminent Slovak biologist RNDr. Milan Labuda, DrSc., which will be held in Smolenice castle (Congress Centre of the Slovak Academy of Sciences) from September 12 – 14, 2018.
We welcome contributions to the following fields: virology, microbiology, zoology, ecology, epidemiology, parasitology
Thematic focus of the Conference:
Natural foci of diseases (vectors, reservoirs)
Zoonoses (diagnosis, occurrence, epidemiology, control)
Ecological aspects of parasitology
Molecular aspects of host - vector - pathogen interactions
- RNDr. Ivica Hromadová PhD.
- RNDr. Elena Kocianová, DrSc.
- MVDr. Juraj Kopáček, DrSc.
- Ing. Ladislav Roller, PhD.
- Doc.RNDr. Michal Stanko, DrSc.
- Mgr. Eva Špitalská, PhD. - chair
- Mgr. Pavlína Bartíková, PhD.
- RNDr. Vojtech Boldiš, PhD.
- MVDr. Markéta Derdáková, PhD.
- RNDr. Mária Kazimírová, CSc.
- Mgr. Veronika Rusňáková Tarageľová, PhD.
- Mgr. Diana Selyemová, PhD.
- JUDr. Iveta Šárniková
- Mgr. Zdenko Špitalský, PhD.
- Mgr. Katarína Štefanidesová, PhD.
- Mgr. Iveta Štibrániová, PhD.
Invited speakersProf. Dr. José de la Fuente (National Wildlife Research Institute IREC Spain / Oklahoma State University USA) Univ.-Prof. Dr.med. Gerold Stanek ( Center for Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
Oral presentations and postersThe plenary lectures held by invited speakers are scheduled for 30 minutes, the other oral presentations for 15 minutes including time for discussion. Presentations should be prepared in PowerPoint. The maximum poster size is 100 cm x 130 cm (width x height). Official languages of the presentations are English / Slovak / Czech; slides of oral presentations and posters should be in English. The programme and the book of abstracts will be received by all participants at the registration desk. The organizers reserve the right to select the form of presentation in agreement with the author.
|Early birds to May 31 2018||Regular to June 30 2018|
|Regular participant||100,- €||130,- €|
|Students||80,- €||110,- €|
|Accompanying person||100,- €|
The registration fee of regular participants and students includes Conference materials, Attendance to all conference sessions, Programme, Book of abstracts, Coffee and tea breaks. Payment of registration fee has to be made in EUR by bank transfer to the following account:
Name of the account: Ústav zoológie SAV
IBAN: SK75 8180 0000 0070 0024 2933
BIC-SWIFT code: SUBA SKBX
Name of the bank: Štátna pokladnica
Address of the bank: Radlinského 32, 810 05 Bratislava
Information for Beneficiary: Please, indicate VLD + name of participant
Deadline for registration: May 31, 2018
Abstracts of the conference should be written in English and will be published in the Book of Abstracts with ISBN. Authors are responsible for the correct language and grammar. Follow the instructions below to prepare the abstract:
- Language - English
- Title: Should not exeed 20 words. Authors – Name and Surname with indication of the presenting author (underline the name and include e-mail address) Affiliation- institutes and addresses of all authors.
- Text without dividing to sections.
The maximum length is 3000 characters without spaces.
Do not include tables or figures.
- Abstract should be saved as a Word document, written in Times New Roman (font size 12), 1.5 line spacing, all margins 2 cm, align left. The acknowledgements for funding organizations etc. should be placed in a separate section at the end of the text
- Please name the abstract file according to the presenting author (example: Kocianova.doc)
- The number of presentations is limited to 2 per one registered participant
- Abstract should be sent by e-mail as attachment to: email@example.com , subject "V. LD" Please indicate in the registration form the form of presentation - oral or poster. Students, please indicate your participation in the competition for the best student`s presentation. All participating students must be the presenting authors.
- Download the abstract template HERE
Price (room / 1 night)
|One-bed room||40 €|
|Two-bed room||70 €|
|Three-bed room||90 €|
|Four-bed room||100 €|
|Extra bed||15 €|
Accommodation will be arranged in the Congress Centre Smolenice where the conference is held. Payment for accommodation will be during registration at the registration desk.
For more information visit the website http://www.kcsmolenice.sav.sk